120 Hr Pre-licensure Course – Home Inspectors School 1-800-676-3006
CI Inspectors / The Contractors Institute’s is now proudly offering a DBPR Approved Home Inspectors 120 Hour Pre-licensure Course. The course emphasizes Florida’s unique conditions, codes, techniques, materials and features comprehensive training for Florida home inspectors doing inspections in Florida’s humid climate (not a course designed for other states).
What does it take to get a Home Inspector’s license in the State of Florida?
- Candidates must demonstrate proof of completion of a Department-approved course of no less than 120 hours that covers the 8 components of a home
- Candidates must successfully pass a department-approved exam for Home Inspection. (We recommend the ACICP Home & Property Inspector exam)
- Candidates must attest that they have commercial general liability insurance of at least $300,000
- Candidates must submit fingerprints and have a background check performed (Click HERE for a link to schedule your Fingerprint Appointment. Fee NOT included in course tuition)
- Candidate must submit a written application and pay the required application fee. (Click HERE for a link to the application OR Apply Online HERE! Application Fee NOT included in course tuition)
Where can I take the 120-hour Pre-licensure Course? (Click to Enroll)
What does the course include and how much does it cost?
Our 120 Hour course covers the 8 components of a home: the structure, electrical system, HVAC system, roof covering, plumbing system, interior components, exterior components, and site conditions that affect the structure as well as other conditions that impact residential homes in the State of Florida. The course includes EVERYTHING necessary to complete Florida’s state requirement AND pass the state Home Inspector exam. We are the best Home Inspection School in Florida
$1,495 tuition includes: (Click to Enroll)
- 2 day LIVE training including; (if you have a contractors license it will provide 14 hours of CE)
- 1-day Classroom training reviewing exam procedures, testing providers, inspection tools, methods, Laws & Rules governing Florida Home Inspectors, and review of reporting requirements, inspection agreements, and forms.
- 1-day Hands-on walk-through doing an actual inspection on our On-site “Tiny House” and Hands-on Bring-Your-Own-Device Computer training completing a report with inspection software.
- 1 day Webinar Exam Cram with a discussion of code requirements, inspection methods, and inspector standards of practice.
- ALL required reference materials for the online portion of course including:
- John Traister’s Home Inspection Handbook reference book
- Norman Becker’s The Complete Book of Home Inspections reference book
- US Housing and Urban Development’s Residential Rehabilitation Inspection Guide(available as an E-book)
- Association of Construction Industry Certified Professional’s Florida Construction Business and Trade Manual (available as an E-book)
- Florida Association of Building Inspector’s Standards of Practice
- Russell Burgess’s Real Estate Home Inspection: Mastering the Profession reference book
- Florida Statutes 468, Part XV – Home Inspectors (available as a PDF)
- Florida Administrative Code, 61-30 – Home Inspectors (available as a PDF)
- Interactive online course filled with informative videos and recorded learning modules with licensed instructors!
- Online quick quizzes to reinforce learning from reference materials!
- Unlimited Online practice exams to prepare individuals for the types of questions being asked and simulate the pressure of taking the actual exam. This is a great skill-building tool!
- Course Completion Exam is open book and requires successful completion with a 70% in order to receive Course Completion Certificate. Available online, so no need to take it in person!
- FREE Demo copy of Palm-Tech Home Inspection Software!
- FREE Inspection Report and Agreement templates, Employee Handbooks, Safety Handbooks, State required forms, and MUCH MORE!!!
- FREE 2-year membership in the Association of Construction Industry Certified Professionals, a Florida organization of construction professionals – Click HERE for more information on the benefits of membership!!
- 1 YEAR access to the Online Course, and the freedom to take the classroom training at your convenience!