Benefits of Thermal Imaging:
- Thermal Imaging Camera
- Cold air infiltration
- Excessive moisture in materials
- Stud / Joist / Beam / Rafter placement and structure
- Insulation gaps, insufficient and unevenness
- Electrical drops, panels, breakers, switches and wire connections
- Heating and cooling duct placement, insulation, air leaks
- Pipe location
- Special Inspections
- Pest infestation
- Energy audits
- Insurance claims
Limitations of Thermal Imaging Camera
- Thermal Imaging Camera Inferred, does not “see through walls”, but only displays the very slight differences in surface temperature of the wall. Images of areas. It is easier to see “hot” objects because they will be radiating heat to the not-in-contact surface.
- Careful adjustment of the range of temperatures displayed is important to proper imaging and interpretation.
While there is no guarantee that nothing will be missed during the visual inspection or any inspection. Thermal imaging brings us one step closer to not overlooking anything.
So you have to ask yourself: do you want a home inspector that offers thermal imaging or risk going with one that does not? It’s that extra bonus that stands us apart.